Thursday, May 21, 2009

A day in the life...


Yesterday I mentioned I hit the road this week to visit customers and prospects. Today I am going to discuss a little of what my day looks like when I am away from home on a business trip.

5am - my alarm goes off. I wasn't planning on getting up this early, but I forgot to change my alarm from the day before

6am - check email, write thank you's for meetings from the day before, listen to the news, read my favorite blogs

7am - run a couple miles on the treadmill, 12K coming up this weekend

8am - shower, shave, get ready for the day, have continental breakfast at the hotel, take vitamins

9am - follow up on emails, make phone calls, schedule a few product demos for next week, drop off thank you's at the front desk to be mailed, drive to first appt

10am - meeting with current customer, discuss how their current upgrade is progressing, discuss the new things TempWorks has come out with in the last few months, arrange demo for DocCenter

11am - drive to next appt, check email, make phone calls

12pm - grab lunch (fast food)

1pm - presentation with prospect, discussed core product software as well as all ancillary products, also interested in funding

2pm - drive to next appt, check email, return phone calls

3pm - meeting with current customer, very positive comments regarding our support team, especially Melanie Kramer our support center manager, also let me know TempWorks always has great marketing information/presentation

4pm - drive to hotel, check email, make phone calls

5pm - check into hotel, drop off bags, turn the tv on to ESPN's SportCenter

6pm - eat a decent dinner at the hotel

7pm - call home to talk to my wife, payton, and tatum to find out how their day had gone, find out how many days of school they have left, inquire on how the soccer game went this evening

8pm - turn on the lakers/nuggets game, catch up on email, news, surf the next

9pm - think of ideas to write about on my blog, write my blog, watch the game

10pm - decide to turn off the computer, and get ready to do it all again tomorrow.

Life on the road, all very glamorous...

No comments:

Post a Comment