Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A lost form of communication...

I am a big fan of the hand-written thank you note.

I know they have lost most of their luster over the years, as it takes a few days for the recipient to get it via "snail mail." Most people just shoot off an email as it is much quicker and easier.

Think about it for a couple seconds. When was the last time you got a hand-written note sent to you in the mail. Was it last week? Last month? Last year?

That is exactly the reason why I send them out after my customer visits. I also encourage our staff to send them out. Not many people take the time. And that is why they are so valuable.

This past Christmas, my wife gave me thank you notes as a gift. She made the thank you notes and put my initials on them. Possibly one of the best gifts I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment