Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Power of One

This picture hangs on my wall in my office. I look at it hundreds of times a day. It is a great picture and it motivates me every time I look at it.

Many years ago I went through a divorce. A few months after this occurred I was walking alone through a shopping mall and I saw this awesome picture of an elephant in the window as I walked by. The picture was created by John Banovich. The eyes, the huge ears, the tusks. I loved everything about it.

I walked into the store to get more information about it. I read the title. "The Power of One." The title couldn't have been more perfect. It fit my situation perfectly, and in one sentence describe it all.

I bought the picture that day. I didn't even ask how much it cost.

Be strong, be powerful, be yourself. You can do anything you put your mind to.

If you don't have a picture on your wall, in your cubical, or wherever...I would suggest getting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment