Sunday, May 24, 2009

Great day for a 12K


This morning I woke up early (before 5am). I tried talking my wife into staying home, but she wouldn't have any of it. I felt I had not been training as much as I needed to, and was not confident on how well I might do.

We got to Stillwater about quarter after six and the race started at seven. We arrived at the Stillwater High School and boarded the bus to take us downtown for the race. Surprisingly my brother, Matt, and his two brother-in-laws (Rob and Joe) were also on the same bus when we boarded.

Once we got downtown I also ran into TempWorks Revenue Machine, Casey Kraus. His wife-to-be was running in the 12K too.

It was a great morning. The weather was great. The view was awesome. Everything was perfect.

It was my first 12K (7.46 miles). The 10K I participated in last month, I wasn't able to run the whole way. This one I was able to run the entire time in an hour and twenty-two minutes. Mainly because my wife and my brother were pushing me most of the way.

I don't get to see my brother as much these days as we are both very busy. I felt very fortunate to spend this time with him, even if it was running the whole time. I also had fun spending time with Rob, Joe, and my wife. All of them are great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment