Saturday, September 26, 2009

Most enjoyable rental car shuttle driver

Typically after a long week of traveling, I am looking forward to getting home. I normally drop my rental car off at Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc and then take a shuttle to the airport. Yesterday afternoon was no exception.

What made it exceptional was the Hertz shuttle driver, Archie. I had the most enjoyable ride to the airport in Atlanta (or anywhere else for that matter) I had ever had. Below is a clip I found on YouTube from earlier this year which highlights my experience more than I could express in words.

I was disappointed to hear though that I won't get to have this experience again. Archie had mentioned he has been driving the shuttle bus for over ten years, but in the next few weeks he will be unemployed. There will be no more shuttle buses used at the ATL airport for rental cars. They are switching to an electric rail system.

Thank you Archie for the entertaining ride to the airport. I enjoyed your enthusiasm. I wish you all the best in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment