Monday, September 14, 2009

A loss for the staffing community

Recently Roberta "Bobbie" Ruch passed away. I didn't know her well. But I did have the opportunity to meet and talk with her at various times (as Acloche has been a customer of TempWorks since 1998).

Over the last couple hours I have been reading more about her life, as well as her unexpected passing.

I found an article which was published in 2006 of which Bobbie was asked "How do you find the right employees to grow your company?" To which she replied, "We have a saying that our employees live our brand. I need staff members who embrace this concept and take pride in representing Acloche. I don’t apologize for the fact our standards are quite high. For every five people we interview for a job, we hire one."

While another Women in Business article mentioned her view on customer intimacy in the age of technology:

"We want to be the best; to exhibit excellence in everything we do," says Ruch. "We think that customer intimacy in the age of technology is very important. And we believe in doing what you say you're going to do, following through, and keeping commitments and promises. We go in every day with the idea dot we're all going to do our best, and generally, I think that human nature is such that everyone wants to do a good job.

I urge you to take a look at the Acloche website which details many of Bobbie Ruch's accomplishments from a staffing standpoint, as well as from a civic leadership standpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment