Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TempWorks attends Saint John's and Saint Ben's event


Last night I was able to attend the Saint John's/Saint Ben's Alumni gathering and job fair. It was a chance for me to connect with some people who I had not seen in over ten years. I had not attended this event before, but I will certainly plan on representing TempWorks there in the years to come.

It gave me a chance to talk to some of the students at SJU/CSB who just graduated or will be graduating in May. It was nice to visit with the students and reflect back a few years when I was in the same position they are currently in. I enjoyed talking to them about what they were interested in from a career standpoint. I also enjoyed talking to them about Tempworks and technology in general.

Many of the students were concerned they were graduating at a bad time because of the economy. Certainly it may be more difficult, but people in general need to continue to be positve.

I feel very fortunate to have worked for Gregg Dourgarian for more than ten years. He continues to promote technology. I have learned a lot from him as well as the many customers I have been at over the year. I have been converted over to a techie, and I love technology.

I also feel very fortunate to be living now. It is a great time to be alive. Things are changing on a daily basis and so is the technology. There is so much information at our fingertips. I look forward to all the future has in store.

Thanks to all the alumni and students that were there last night. I certainly wish everyone the very best the future has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment