Monday, January 12, 2009

visit to New York City




This morning I flew into the Newark airport. I was able to see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building from the window of the airplane.

During my cab ride downtown I got to see where the new Yankee stadium is being built. We also drove by "the garden," I am not sure if the Knicks played tonight, but it would have been cool to see Spike Lee.

One of the things that always fascinates me about NYC is the Lincoln Tunnel. It is pretty amazing (I feel a little claustrophobic every time I am in it), but it is amazing nonetheless.

This afternoon I was able to visit The Peak Organization in New York City.

Originally known as Peak Personnel, Inc., the company was a pioneer in the staffing industry by focusing exclusively on one professional discipline – the internal audit community. This focus and success made the organization a highly regarded specialty boutique and industry leader. Today Peak has grown to include thirteen separate operating divisions, each serving a distinct professional discipline offering both staffing services and business solutions.
I had a great visit with Richard Eichenberg, who founded Peak almost 40 years ago. Mr. Eichenberg served in the U.S. Navy, as well as the Board of Directors and as Executive Vice President of the Association of Personnel Consultants of New York (APCNY). He was also Chairman of the New York Employment Council and is a charter member of the Certified Personnel Consultants Society.

Richard had nothing but great things to say about our software and the entire team at TempWorks.

No comments:

Post a Comment