Thursday, November 19, 2009

Switch from Northwest to Delta

By now everyone knows Northwest airlines has been sold to Delta. Recently I was informed my Northwest frequent flier number has been ported over to a new Delta FF#.

Honestly I didn't think much about it.

Now when I make a flight reservation I make sure to use my Delta FF#.

Again, no big deal.

The thing I didn't take into consideration is the partnerships with the rental car agencies, hotel chains, etc. I learned about this fact when I checked into my hotel this week. The receptionist told me she had my Northwest number on my reservation.

I don't know for sure, but I am fairly confident anything associated or added to my old Northwest FF# will be lost somewhere in cyberspace.

I took about 20-30 minutes after I checked in to my hotel room to log into the different travel sites and update my accounts with my Delta frequent flier number. It was kind of a pain, but I don't want to loose my points.

No comments:

Post a Comment